Hatha yoga poses, guide, health benefits – Hatha yoga asana is known as the yoga for the physical body. In Sanskrit, “Ha” symbolizes Sun and “tha” symbolizes Moon.
Known as hatha yoga, it is a physical branch of the ancient Indian philosophy that concentrates on building a body and mind towards the goal of achieving inner peace and pleasure. The branch of yoga is mainly implicated with the regular practicing of hatha yoga asanas (postures), pranayama (controlled breathing) and dhyana (meditation).
Poses & Benefits of Hatha Yoga Asanas
The below hatha yoga asanas are some of the common yoga poses. They can be easily learned and mastered by anyone and have numerous health benefits. Let’s have a look at some of them now.
Downward facing dog or Adho Mukha svanasan Utthita parsvokanasana, or extended side angle pose Tadasana, mountain pose.
- This posture develops the sense of balance.
- The abdominal organs and muscles are toned up in this posture.
- Increase the height in children, good posture to increase the concentration.
- The whole body is stretched, which loosens the entire spinal column from top to bottom
Sitting (seated) poses
Cobbler’s pose or Baddha konasana, or Paschmottanasana, or seated forward bend Upavistha konasana, or seated wide-legged straddle.
- It’s helpful to remove excess fat from the abdominal area
- Helpful to overcome from diabetes, flatulence, constipation.
- Good to harmonize the nervous and panic energies within the body.
Resting (supine) poses
Child’s pose or Balasana, or Savasana, or corpse’s pose Viparita Karani, or legs up the wall.
- Helps release tension in the chest, back, and shoulders.
- It relieves pain in the lower back and neck.
- Helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Helps to stretch the ankles, hips, and thighs.
- Promotes blood circulation all throughout the body.
Bridge pose or Setu bandha Sarvangasana Bhujangasana, or cobra pose Ashtanga namaskara, exercise for the knees, chest, and chin.
- The stretch also helps to relieve the stress trapped in the back.
- Reduces depression, stress, and anxiety and calms the brain.
- The lungs are opened up, and thyroid problems are reduced.
Tree pose or one leg stand or Vrksana, or Balancing on hands.
- It removes wavering of mind.
- It develops the nervous system and makes it stable.
- it’s a good posture to improve concentration.